Gridwise Expo Overview
Generation • Transmission • Distribution • Consumption
The GridWise™ Expo is organized to further the development, education and commercialization of the GridWise Vision.
Being held at the Amsterdam RAI, the event will build as a high level summit, with a networking-based format and while the expo reflects the growing subject, the conference content will be key the reason to attend
The venue has significant potential capacity for side meetings, workshops and socializing activities.
The GridWise Expo is co-located with two synergetic events in the general area of IT in device centric applications - BuilConn, M2M and Wi-tivity. These events provide additional benefits to sponsors, exhibitors as well as attendees
The conference portion of the Expo will provide interested parties an understanding of the GridWise vision, the work being carried out by stakeholders, the technologies being adopted and the potential relevant to the audience, be they on the supply or demand side of the electric grid.
During the GridWise Expo, key stakeholders will provide live technology demonstration of work being carried out to realize the GridWise Vision. Demonstrations will include hardware, software, communication concepts as well as developments of XML & Web Services standards.
As the technology and demand for Smart Grid unfolds, suppliers of products, technologies and services will need a venue to align their offerings with the GridWise vision, and present their wares to key stakeholders in the future of this multi-billion dollar opportunity.
For associations, industry as well as technology groups wishing to present their members’ position, the GridWise Expo is the ideal venue where high level executives will come to understand how their future will be affected by the implementation of the Smart Electric Grid.
- Electric utility and distribution companies
- Trade and technical associations
- Technology vendors and integrators to the electric distribution industry
- Building automation vendors and integrators
- Residential and Home Automation vendors and integrators
- Industrial automation vendors and integrators
- Equipment and service vendors
- Press, media and analysts
- Researchers and academics with interests in electric distribution
- Government agencies
- Executive-level stakeholders (CEO, Presidents, Vice Presidents and divisional / area managers)
- Strategic decision makers, with high-level buying authority
- Experts in device-centric technology from IT, Wireless, device management and applications
2006 Conference Topics
- GridWise Overview & Background
- Smart Grid Regulatory & Business
- Smart Grid Technology and Demonstrations
- The GridWise Interoperability Architecture
- Smart Grid Implementation Roadmap
- The Business Opportunities of Smart Grid
- Strong case studies and success experiences from thought leaders in many segments